How to Book with Holiday Cottages Cumbria
The easiest way to book one of our holiday cottages is via our secure payment system here on our web site.
Click on the ‘book online’ link at the top left of our website or anywhere where you see ‘check availability’.
Find the dates you’re interested in.
Click on the date you want to arrive, if it’s circled it’s available as a start date.
Enter how many nights you’d like to stay and the number of guests and the price will appear.
If you want to book, just click ‘book now’.
Then you’ll see a booking summary and can add any extras like logs and dogs (if applicable)
If you want to go ahead and book, scroll to the bottom and click ‘continue’.
- The price shown includes the 1.5% booking fee
- We provide luxury Egyptian cotton bedding and towels free of charge.
- Heating, electric, gas, hot water etc. are all included in the price.
More information on making a booking:-
- Please note that all bookings are subject to a £250 damage deposit that is refunded within 7 days of your departure if our ‘terms and conditions‘ are met. Please email us if you require more details.
- There’s also a small ‘booking charge’ of 1.5%. This goes towards providing free card payment facilities.
- If your booking is less than 2 months away you will need to pay in full.
- If your booking is more than 2 months away, you will be given the option to either pay in full or pay a 30% deposit with the balance not due until 2 months before your arrival date.
- Our Holiday Cottages Cumbria website’s payment page is covered by PCI DSS certified security and 100% safe. If you are unsure or worried about online payments you can make your booking online, click the ‘place booking’ button and then when you get to the payment page shut down that page and phone us on 015395 59453 (9am to 7pm).
Please note that any booking made without payment is automatically cancelled after 1 hour unless payment is received.
What happens next?
Once you’ve booked 1 of our Lake District holiday cottages you’ll receive 2 confirmation emails to confirm your booking and payment.
The confirmation email will give you a link to your own ‘customer account page’ where you can view, download and manage your booking details and payments
Once the full amount has been paid your ‘customer account page’ will give you access to arrival documents and directions.
We’ll also email you a list of all our favourite places to eat, drink & buy great local produce.